Headed home for the holidays, for a nice relaxing, enjoyable, sleep in late, stay in pajamas all day low key winter vacation. LITTLE DID I KNOW! a couple of days before i made it home it started snowing and really hasn't stopped yet. Spokane has broken ever record ever set for snow dept. It is truly a winter wonderland. Great for the ski resorts but not so great for the rest of the town. or for my nice little break. Mom and I started to shovel off the roof when we had about 3.5 feet of snow on it. I can not tell you the type of hard work it is. my rib muscles ached so bad the next few days it was hard to breath, my back was sore and my head was pounding but the work had to be done.
Poor mom spent a lot of time helping out, and has strained her back which has put her out for the last week and a half, not to mention dad, and all the work he has done plowing the road, and all the neighbors driveways as well. He worked so hard he actually had a little visit into the hospital on Christmas day. (he is doing great) but he restricted him from the tractor for a few days while he was recovering. Needless to say Christmas Break was not a break i came back to boulder feeling more tired then when i left. BUT i had a great time, and wouldn't change it for the world. I was able to spend time with the people I LOVE THE MOST in the world. MY WONDERFUL FAMILY.

Even dad got out and did a little "BUTT" sledding with the grand kids! we had so much fun.

Look at the look on moms face! CLASSIC
For old times CJ and I got onto the same sled and took a ride. We decided we are not the same size as 20 years ago. But still had a good run.
What a cute family. This was taken right before Canyon River and Kailey both started crying due to snow down the pants. Sad for them, but the pictures was sure cute.






7 comments:
That is some insane snow! I bet the slopes were amazing. I can dream of mountains while I get to see corn fields every day!
oh the snow. I'm glad not to be there. But jealous at the same time. WE only have ice. No snow. I wish I could be there to hit up 49 or Silver. Even the cheep places are probably amazing.
Kandis we miss you. You were such an amazing help. Thank you.
Love MOM
I will have to agree... your nieces and nephew ARE the cutest!!! They must have amazing parents... or an amazing aunt... hmmm?!?!?
Sure miss ya!!!
Amazing!! It's ok you had to work a little, it's good for you!! Let's tele.
Hey, Kandis...yeah, the snow...you have a way of making it seem better than it might have been made to seem...way to keep perspective. I love your writing and pictures...tells a story about your trek across life that is rich and fulfilling in ways many will never know. Can't wait until we have time to hear/see all about it in person...when there aren't huge snow mounds between our side of the hill and your parents!
L.B.
Kandis
Thanks for keeping the blog updated. Every now and then I look at the pictures you took and remember a fun, scary, hardworking time we spent together.
Love you. MOM
Post a Comment