Wednesday, April 10, 2013

against mine...

Against Mine


Today I dreamt of becoming a tree
And letting all my arms wave freely
Into the morning crisp air
Into the hot Indian summer days
Into the starry nights
I wave at all the birds that come and sing to me,
Who feed their young ones
In the nests they have built on me
With such gentle care
I wave to the ants, spiders, and caterpillars
Who crawl up and down my lovely
Strong and sturdy trunk
Who are busy spinning webs, building nests,
And becoming ready to cocoon
I giggle from the tender touch of the squirrels tails
Who run and skip and jump from
Branch to branch
Who are busy gathering nuts and seeds for
The cold still days
My leaves sing songs when the winds come
My roots are solid and firm
I stand grounded-immovable
And I wave to you who ever so softly sits at my base
And leans your body
Against mine

No comments: