Tuesday, January 19, 2010

a few more inches of the white stuff...

so this is basically the type of terrain i hike through on my snowshoe tours, well some of the terrain, other areas, are open, beautifully wonderful views of the boulders and down the valley. i really do live in a great place, peace and serenity fill my soul everyday i am here
so mike, tosh, jawn and i decided to hit the back country early this morning. we left the lodge at dark and started first light. we got about 8 inches last night. gnar, gnar, sicki, sicki, pow, pow.
the hike was wonderful, expect for the fact that i was so tired, my legs hurt and my lungs couldn't get enough air for some reason. ohhhhh such is life, the skiing is still better than any lung transplant any day.
its really hard to see here, but this is a picture of a pretty big cornice (an area you don't want to be on or under)
me... at the tip thinking, okay ive earned this, now lets go ski it. the top was really wind blown and therefor a little rocky, but once down a few turns, it turned into a great run.
dressed and ready to go. i put my skins in my coat for the ski down to keep them warm, so that they will stick to my skis for our next hike up, so NO, my chest is not that big, thanks for asking...

well we had enough time for two laps, however my legs are spent, for some reason today way more than other days, aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh but hey any day skiing is better than working. (wait a second i still had to work today) oh how life is beautiful huh?

i miss my family more than you will ever know, thank you to each and everyone of you. i love you and will see you when i see you.

3 comments:

DeCaires Family said...

That looks like tons of fun. Just be glad you live somewhere that you can actually use the snow for something good!

Joanne said...

Howdy! Guess I missed a couple of your previous blogs. Loved the artwork and the poem. You are certainly doing many things I have never ever done and probably never ever will. Keep enjoying the great outdoors. Love you tons.
MOM

Kara said...

OK, can I still call you Candace?! Anyway, I have a book recommendation for you. It is called "The River Why" by David James Duncan. Its all about a family of fly-fishermen, but its got fishing, hippies, nature, deep thoughts, humor, being solitary, being a neighbor, etc. It is totally right up your alley. I'd love to hear what you think of it. I think CJed really like it too. Mom recommended it to me, and I also know Matt loved it too. Can't believe he beat me to reading it! So now you gotta go get it, it will have you laughing and thinking a lot. You know I would not recommend a book lightly to you, and I'm so excited to hopefully add this on to your growing library.