Wednesday, January 6, 2010

playing outside...

okay so a few weeks ago, my computer did its own thing and the USB thing BLEW UP, which means i can no longer hook my camera into it and conveniently upload my pictures. i have to first have jawn burn me a cd of pic's then copy them on my desktop, then i can post pictures, so this all being said, i might have to space out my entries a little bit. sorry.

so they next few pictures cover the last couple of weeks.
before the craziness of the holidays we (mike, dorothy and i) got out to do a little more back country skiing. avalanche danger is still high so we have been sticking to low angles, (things that wont slide) so out to the cross we go.
mike, and dorothy in the distance. this is the top of the cross. nice view huh?
okay i guess this is actually the top of the cross. looks fun huh mom?
so christmas morning, we along with 17,000 other people woke up to no power. we have a generator here at the lodge, but at about 2 am it broke so we also were left with no power or water for that mater. this is a picture of us attempting to make breakfast, via headlamps. we had a great time.
dorothy out at the stream getting water so that our "coffee drinkers" could enjoy their mornings as well. the day turned out to be a success. we had a 5 course meal for 70 people, the generation got sort of fixed and the water started flowing again, only to shut off again a few times throughout the day. however we did it, and out business was great. we were really the only place open so we took advantage of that and feed the valley and outfitted them with skis and snowshoes. christmas was a success. HOWEVER I MISSED YOU ALL.
christmas dinner i ended up wearing my afro, just for fun. my tables loved it, good tips that night. in fact over the holidays i made over 900.00 in tips. (the bad thing is i had to pay taxes on all of it, so it made my paycheck look a lot smaller than i thought. but MY TRUCK IS PAID OFF so no complaining here.
so of the things that i get to enjoy while out on my snowshoe tours. the creek freezing over...
the beautiful snowy trees....
and the views. this is at the back country yurts looking out to the cross. (you can't see the top due to it socked in)
mom, do you mind if i bring him home with me??? this is jawn messing around with the moss growing on the trees. i sure have fun with him. we snowshoe-ed into iron creek hot springs. about a seven mile hike, long time on snowshoes.

well i guess that ends this up date. love to each of you out there

4 comments:

Joanne said...

WOW, what can I say. NO, please don't ever bring anyone home looking like Jawn did in the picture. However, the real Jawn could pass as your twin, so, no offense intended. Loved the snow pictures, which I usually don't, however, the top of the cross looked a bit scary. You don't ski there do you? What a time you are experiencing. Can't wait to see it in real life sometime. I'm thinking next June. Love you. MOM

William Cobb said...

I say bring home the Moss-Jawn. Hehe! It's good to see some fun in the soft snow, when all I can see is dirty icy roads down here.

Charitons said...

Congrats on paying off your truck! Loved the fro. And you could not be in a more beautiful place. Wow.

Trishee said...

Kandis, I've had kids myself that looked like your friend Jawn so I say, big deal? Loved all the snow pictures and I love your blog. It is so awesome, makes me jealous. You'd be proud of me. Signed up for a class today, something I've never done before and I haven't told anyone about it and I mean no one, so I'll let you know after one lesson how it goes. I'll probably be on my cute little ---- most of the time. Love you, Kandis, you are the BEST. Trishee