Monday, January 16, 2012

the world is a much better place with you in it...

i am in awe with the human race, with friends, and with family. With those I know so well and with those I hardly know. I have found so much kindness and sincerity in my healing process. I have found love in the most unexpected places. I have found graciousness, and unexpected, unexplainable blessings.

Some of you know and some of you don’t know that I have been dealing with lyme disease, I was diagnosed with it this summer, but have had lyme for a number of years as it turns out. It has wracked me to my very core, it has taken me into dark hidden placed in my soul that I didn’t know existed. It has brought me to my knees and it has opened me up in the most heartfelt ways. Lyme disease is a cross that I have to bare right now and I will LEARN and I will GROW and I will OVERCOME it.

I am not my disease, I am not my sickness, I am me. The me I am supposed to be right now, the person who has learned so many valuable lessons in this, I have learned patience, submissiveness, and have learned to be much more tender hearted towards others who suffer so much. Some days I find it so hard to believe what this disease has done to me, but then other days I find it so hard to believe how far I have come with it. There were days not to long ago that I was in such a dark place, that I really was losing my belief in hope, and a more healthy life.

Hope is a true value, one that not only do I need, but one that needs to be carried within each ones soul. I find it amazing to watch others who have been torn to their very core and come out of it so much stronger, so much happier, and so much more involved in life. Hope is the answer. Each one of you I have met, each one of you whose paths I have crossed, has someway changed me, someway or somehow, you have changed me. I find that today’s world is a much better place with you in it. I thank each of you for helping me to find my hope, my peace, my God, my path, my way. Today im much healthier than I was yesterday and tomorrow I will even be healthier than I am today. My life is changed, I am changed, I am me, you are you and that has made all the difference.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ahhhh... good healing work you are doing! You a growing like the trees - upward, outward and stronger roots receiving/giving to our Earth Mama.

DeCaires Family said...

Just hopped on your blog to see some of your beautiful pics. I am so sorry you are dealing with this, you will be in my prayers! Keep your head up girl, as you always do!