okay so here you go, i promised you pictures of my cute, cozy, warm little cottage and here they are, this is a area view of the place. the bathroom is through the door on the right of the shelves (i built myself, that's right i have a new talent carpentry)
another angle. stacey look how nice my lucky bamboo looks with the sunlight touching it's leaves. this cottage is such a blessing in my life. im very lucky to be living here for the winter.
i FINALLY have a book shelve (with most my books, some are still in salt lake and in washington) but im thankful to have some fun books for the winter cold months. (sorry about the light being on)
my little kitchen area. under the green fabric is where i keep my dirty dish bin, and some misc cleaning supplies.
up close kitchen shot. look how nice my food looks in the jars ( i have wanted jars filled with food for a couple of years now and i finally have a place of my own.) above the stove i built a little shelve to hold tea. it is four pieces of aspens weaved together. it is really quite cool.
the shelves i built. YESTERDAY. i did a barter for the wood, with a friend of mine (jackie) for some dried apples. i think a very good trade. under the fabric, is food storage, pots, pans, and some misc items nicely hidden away. I also have storage under the bed.
a close up so you can see i now have a place for all my mugs (well most my mugs) i have over 35 now and still don't have room for them. but i guess since it's just me living here i wont need that many out. I made a handful of them.
my closet and FREEZER space. it's nice to not have to see everything behind the curtain. notice my skis on top. just waiting for the snow to fly. we are supposed to get some snow this weekend up on the mountain so im excited. im wearing jackets now to work. i bike to work almost everyday now, and i have to bundle up with gloves, a head warmer (under the helmet) and warm clothes. it's really cold in the mornings, but nice in the mid day.
my dead tree pictures, of places i have been. you all know how much i love the dead tree's, well i have dedicated a whole wall to them.
my wall with the alaska pictures and the straps from copper canyon mexico. i still need a picture where the stove it. it isn't hooked up yet so i thought i would wait. but i sure love the place and hope you all enjoy seeing it. ANYONE... PLEASE COME VISIT IF YOU CAN. you will LOVE boulder
7 comments:
Kandis,
I'm Jess' mom from Texas. He told me about your blog and I've been looking at it. The cottage is absolutely wonderful! Boulder is a magical place with people to match. I've also looked at the school blog. Those kids and the school are amazing. I hope to visit Boulder someday.
Blessings,
Annette
very cute Kandis! I LOVE it!!! The jars... the bamboo... the pictures... the bread... oh wait, where's the bread?!?!?!
It looks like a place you could be very happy in! We sure miss ya though!
by the way... you have the coolest school EVER!!!
Kandis
My oh my. I love the cottage. You have fixed it up so awesome and so you!!! You've got to love having such a great place to spend your evenings. Please thank your friends who have made it possible. I loved the jars of food, the long wished for book shelf and all the pictures.
Boulder Elementary is a wonderful place for some very lucky children. Tell them your mom enjoys keeping track of all that is happening and that someone is doing a great job with the blog.
Love, MOM
Kander Bear...
Oh my heck your little home looks so YOU!!! It is just perfect. Now all we have to do is move it onto our property and then we will be all set. Oh, and maybe we will even add a sink so you can wash your dishes inside. I am so happy for my hippy sister you are truly one of a kind and amazing at that. I miss you and your hairy pits... well maybe I could live without those, but I do miss singing to the spice girls with you. I hope to see you before I head back out to Hawaii for school. I can't tell you how excited I am for you and blake to visit me this summer. It will be a wonderful trip for us!!! I promise to take you to some amazing places through the jungle and we can do some hard core camping too!!! I know a lot of secret hide outs. Well, I love my sister. Peace out!!!
stop making me wish I lived in Boulder already!
i love yer sweet little cottage and was blessed to have it be the first home other than my own which i have been invited into in Boulder. :)
Post a Comment