To be drugged, is different for all. A good friend of mine sent me a article about a man who claimed to “be drugged” his thoughts of being drug to church, drug to weddings and funerals, drugged to the garden to pull weeds, drugged here and their. I decided to write about being drugged myself. NO I HAVEN’T USED DRUGS, in the common term of the word, but I too feel as though I was drugged as a kid, and into my adult life.
I too was drugged to church, and ALL church activities. Drugged outside every Saturday morning to do my chores which more than not was an all day event. I was drugged to help out the needy, drugged to give to the homeless, drugged to clothe the naked (all of which were great drugs to be had). Drug to different service projects, drug to work (by my own mind) drug to play bingo at old folks homes, drug here and their, drug just about everywhere. But mostly drug around by my own mind and thoughts. They have drug me deeper and into places I haven’t necessarily wanted to go, but go I did and I always seem to come back just a little more crazy, or sane either way I come back.
And in all these drugs, I have come to know that even though my mind has been spinning and I feel dazed and really confused at times, I have been thankful for these drugs. I am thankful for the clear mind that I do have. I am thankful to be of service, to give of myself, to let others teach me, as I teach them.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Loved this post. We miss you too and wish we were in UT to see you. Here's our summer travel plan. let me know if we can meet up. July 18-20 Utah
July 22-23 Southern Idaho
July 23-30 Northern Idaho
Post a Comment