Tuesday, July 2, 2013

cabin building part 53...

 this last fall I pulled out of a burn pile a bunch of cedar boards that were all cracked up and broken, but thought I could cut out a bunch of it into shingles.  so here I go.... my plan is to have the front and back gables sided with shingles.  it will takes about 350 shingles. 
 the front is gonna be the hardest of the two due to the angle cuts of the windows and also the fact that the top of the roof line in 17 feet in the air.  I borrowed a ladder from les and val Dixon, thank you guys! and to work I went. 


 half way done


and there we go.  i am loving it.  i will say it again using salvaged materials is a lot of work, but i love the price of FREE!!!! im still under 2000.00 dollars, in fact im still under 1800.00 dollars. 
i love this cabin

No comments: