Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Belly Button Lint...

Today was the hundredth day of school for us, so we CELEBRATED!!! It was great. One of the things we did in my reading writing class was write about a subject: If I had a hundred _______ I would… so I wanted to share mine with you.

If I had a hundred belly buttons I would be able to collect tons of belly button lint. I would store it in a little snack size zip lock. When one bag gets full, I would just start a new bag. I realize this is silly to keep belly button lint, but I don’t like to throw things away, I guess you could say I’m sort of a pack rat, at least I am with belly button lint. Soon I had so many zip locks filled with lint that I stared to store it n buckets and boxes and baskets, anywhere and everywhere I could store it I did. It got crazy I guess, I filled my storage room first then the spare bedroom, the garage, under the stairs, all the closets were full. I became desperate, I filled all the trunks to my cars, filled the ice cube trays, HECK, I even filled the freezer. Cereal boxes, shoe boxes, coat pockets, EVERYWHERE I looked was belly button lint. I had to have my husband move out to the backyard shed. I NEEDED all the space I could find in the house, lint was coming out of the chimney and covering the roof. Everywhere I looked BELLY BUTTON LINT… I don’t know what do you think DO I HAVE A PROBLEM?

Anyway now you know what kind of education my kids are getting in my classrooms. Today was fun, knowing we made it to the BIG 100 DAYS, not many left. I’m excited

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats crazy because my friend Matt Hoffman and I constantly talked about the possibilities of excessive belly button lint. We decided that if we had ever collected enough that we would knit a sweater. Let's do it!!