
i have to start off with letting my mom know that all is well, i had the closest call on my bike that i have ever had. yesterday i went out for a nice little stroll on the bike. i was planning on biking a 15 mile loop that i love, however i decided to take a new road, my nice little 15 mile ride turned into 40 miles. i will say this it was BEAUTIFUL. i loved it, it was full of adventure. the first five miles is where my near death experience happened. i was on a very narrow road (of course, im in north carolina) a car was driving towards me (opposite side of the road) while another car decided to pass that car, unknowing that i was biking in the other lane. this car whizzed passed me at, at least 60 mph. i said a bad word and saw my life pass before me. there was truly only a few inches between me and the black SUV. i was FREAKED! i thanked God that everything was okay and keep on going. at mile eight i was racing a tractor down the road, mile 12 saw what reminded me of parts of mexico, a farm with all sorts of animals running all around the place, goats, donkey's, ostriches, chickens, mules, etc. i laughed kept on going and then decided to turn around to take a picture. mile 26 i realized i took a road that would not only make this a very big loop but my butt and other parts of me where numb. (yep girl pain) mile 33 i called andrew and told him i would be still 30 minutes and he should start dinner. (monday's is my dinner night) mile 39.5 i rode standing up to the house due to such pain sitting down. the ride was amazing 40.38 miles. i can't wait to do it again.
3 comments:
Kandis,
I too give thanks that you didn't get killed. What color clothing are you wearing? The rest of the bike ride sounded pretty nice except the length. Question...did Andrew get dinner started?
Love, MOM
Leave it to Mom to make sure you were wearing the right colors!! :0)
I don't know how I missed this post earlier... I'm sure glad you're ok though, cuz I would be really sad if you couldn't come home to me!!
that was Stacey... not CJ... but of course you knew that because I didn't say anything profound... except for the fact that I want you to come home!! :0) (oh, and there was a cute smiley face)
Post a Comment