Tuesday, March 30, 2010

away into the silence...

Away into the silence I take my thoughts… my mind wanders into the hidden crevasse of my brain. I think and ponder what really matters, I mean what REALLY MATTERS. Life is a up whirl of emotions, some good, some bad some just blah. But emotions they are. Why am I happy when I am? Why am I sad when I am? Why can one minute, one event change who I am so quickly? I realized today or was it yesterday, or the day before that, or wait is it tomorrow that I will realize that it really takes the same amount of energy to be happy and joyful or to be sad and upset at everything in my way. Why would I want to expend myself and bend over back wards to feel anger towards my situations and the world. WHY ME? Well the real question is why the hell not me?

Life is grand it’s mesmerizing, it’s wonderful. It’s a roller coaster of a ride, and like on some roller coasters we soar and laugh and giggle till our tummies hurt and our hair is blowing in every which way and our cotton candy has fallen out of our laps to the world below. Then there is the roller coaster ride that we don’t want to take, it makes us sick, our stomach aches knowing that soon we will be thrown in every direction, only not falling, due to the seat belt that so many have worn and sweated in before us.

I choose the first, I choose the ride of my life, where what is thrown at me, can and will change me, but CAN’T REDUCE me. I choose life. I choose happiness. Now the trick is how I remember in those minutes of a darkened situation to REMEMBER my decision to be happy, to not be held captive. Can we be at war with ourselves and still find peace within? Well can I? Who is stopping me from feeling peace and joy? It is ME. I am the only person who is allowing myself to see the dark in a perfectly lit room. STOP IT. Right now, move forward, move past the pain and hard things and find the meaning to it all. I am coming to understand and better know that the reasons for the hard things in life is to enjoy and truly engulf the good and great times. Life is hard, no one has every said differently. Now jump on the roller coast and begin your journey to a more happy, more loved, more ecstatic ride.

1 comment:

William Cobb said...

As I read this, I related to the train of thought and these feelings. It really helped me just now, because I'm feeling the stress of daily routines and financial obligations.

Sure, SLC is a great place to live. But I'm missing the freedoms of open range mountains, and backpacking trips.

I ask myself: Why does mankind choose to live like this? (trying to get more "things" of pleasure). What is the point, if the most important things are right inside of us?